Compact Cold Shrink Joints - Size B / HD629
Single phase compact cold shrink joints - size B: from 95 to 400 mm² - Up to 36kV - with GPH® bolted connectors.
StandardsInternational : HD 629.1 S2
Features & benefits
The CSJB-S combines Cold-Shrink and bolted connector technologies for reliable undergound MV connections in a small trench (max=1 m), or in specific aerial applications.
Cold-Shrink Joint :
- compatible with Synthetic Insulated Cables (XLPE / EPR)
- compatible with: copper wire, copper tape & alu tube cable screens
- EPDM joint body
- UV resistive external EPDM outer protection
- standard screen short-circuit for 1s = 5,1 kA (please contact us for upper levels)
- equipped with a vapor screen for enchanced waterthightness.
Bolted Connectors :
- multisection, from 50 mm² to 400 mm²
- compatible with copper & aluminium cores.
- equipped with self-breaking screws, for a perfect torque.
- no specific tool needed !
The CSJB-S has been designed to connect SIC cables, with sections from 50mm² to 400 mm², whether aluminium or copper cores, on undergounnd MV lines.
Each core is connected thanks to a GPH® bolted connector.
Each CSJB-S kit is made of:
- 1 EPDM cold shrink body.
- 1 bolted connector.
- specific material according to the type of cable.
This technology requires no heating source, no material filling or wrapping. Installation is done by removal of the tubes. Joints can be energized once assembly is finished.
|Diameter over insulation, range||23.0 .. 42.0mm|
|See all products|