Compact Cold Shrink Joints Size A - HD 629
Single phase compact cold shrink joints - size A: from 35 to 300 mm² - Up to 24kV - with GPH® bolted connectors.
StandardsInternational : HD 629.1 S2
Features & benefits
The CSJA-S combines Cold-Shrink and bolted connector technologies for reliable undergound MV connections in a small trench (max=1 m), or in specific aerial applications.
Cold-Shrink Joint :
- compatible with Synthetic Insulated Cables (XLPE / EPR).
- compatible with: copper wire, copper tape & alu tube cable screens.
- EPDM joint body
- UV resistive external EPDM outer protection
- standard screen short-circuit: 5,1 kA/1s (please contact us for upper levels)
- equipped with a vapor screen for enchanced waterthightness.
Bolted Connectors :
- multisection, from 35 mm² to 300 mm².
- compatible with copper & aluminium conductors.
- equipped with self-breaking screws, for a perfect torque.
- no specific tool needed !
The CSJA-S has been designed to connect 24 kV (max) cables, with sections from 35mm² to 300 mm², whether aluminium or copper cores, on undergound MV lines.
Each core is connected thanks to a GPH® bolted connector.
Each CSJA-S kit is made of:
- 1 EPDM cold shrink body.
- 1 bolted connector.
- specific material according to the type of cable.
This technology requires no heating source, no material filling or wrapping. Installation is done by removal of the tubes. Joints can be energized once assembly is finished.