DuoTrack® represents an innovative all-in-one system solution for a fast, cost-efficient and future-proof trunk cabling of non-electrified regional railway lines.
NormesInternationales : Manufacturer specification
Nationales : DB LH 416.0112
What is DuoTrack®?
DuoTrack® represents a complete cabling system consisting of the DuoTrack® cable, DuoTrack® hybrid closures, custom-designed DuoTrack® clamps, cable branches and an adapted laying technology!
What offers DuoTrack®?
DuoTrack® is capable to transmit all copper and optical fiber services through a single cable line:
• Signaling, axle counters, wheel sensors etc. and LV power supply through copper
• Electronic interlock bus, GSM-R or general carrier-services through optical fibers
Where conventional cabling in concrete troughs requires the laying of several cables, is performed through one DuoTrack® cable in a single installation step!
What is the advantage of the DuoTrack® system?
• All-in-one trunk cabling for the modernization of regional railway lines
• Innovative clamping technology for the secure mounting directly at the rail
• Significantly reduced installation time in a single laying process
• High savings, as cost intensive civil engineering works are not required
DuoTrack® was developed by Nexans responsible for cable and closure technology and Contec responsible for cable laying and installation in a corporate perennial work for DB Netz AG. Since autumn 2006, DuoTrack® has been deployed in selected projects for DB’s regional lines.
The DuoTrack® cable merges a copper and an optical fiber cable in the classical figure-8 design and was developed for the laying and high mechanical stress during the operation at the rail. Design and make-up are matched to all reqirements of regional lines and the copper cable has been tested and approved for the parallel operation of all control and security technology services. The Nexans DuoTrack® cable awarded EBA type approval.
Direct installation at the rail is extremely cost-effective, as it requires no time and cost intensive civil engineering works. A special cable laying vehicle from Contec performs the installation in a single step and enables cable laying even where conventional cabling is impossible to install.