Compact Cold Shrink Joint Size A / IEEE404
Single phase compact cold shrink splice - size A: from 1/0 AWG to 500 kcmil
Up to 15kV
Up to 15kV
StandardsInternational : IEEE 404-2012
Features & benefits
The CSJA-S is made of Cold-Shrink technology for reliable undergound MV connections in manholes, in small tranches, or in specific aerial applications.
- Compatible with Synthetic Insulated Cables (XLPE / EPR)
- compatible with : copper wire, copper tape, flat straps & alu tube cable screens
- EPDM body
- UV resistive external EPDM outer protection
- standard screen short-circuit for 1s = 5,1 kA (other values upon request)
- equipped wtih a vapor screen for enchanced waterthightness.
- compatible with GPH bolted connectors. (ANSI 119.4 listed)
The CSJA-S splice has been designed to connect 15 kV (max) cables, with sections from 1/0 AWG to 500 kcmil, whether aluminium or copper cores, on undergound MV lines.
Each CSJA-S kit is made of:
- 1 EPDM cold shrink body.
- specific material according to the type of cable.
This technology requires no heating source, no material filling or wrapping. Installation is done by removal of the tubes. Splice can be energized once assembly is finished.