StandardsInternational : Nexans specification
National : Orange/France Telecom
The Mechanical Field Connectors are used to simplify the installation and maintenance cabling where connectors are necessary.
- Space saving
The splice integrated in the connector plug avoids the need of a splice holder and a coiling area with radius management around the splice.
Childlike implementation, no splicing machine, no energy source.
Easy test of the good installation with a laser light, half of the splice is prepared in factory (stripping, cleaning, and cleaving processes done in a safe and clean environment).
Flat cable: 2x1.6mm; 3x2mm with E-SC universal type
Round cable: 250µm; 900µm (tight buffer) with Q-SC type
2mm; 2.8mm with E-SC universal type
4.5 to 5mm with E-SC drop
Type of singlemode connectors available (formultimode please contact us):
- LC: LC/PC or LC/APC
- SC: SC/PC or SC/APC
Implementation Process, in 5 steps:
- Prepare the cable and set the connector on the guide called "jig"
- Set the holder on cable end
- Remove fibre coating and cleave fibre
- Insert fibre into the connector
- Take out wedge plate, guide jigs and check connection quality with the “light window”
|Operating temperature, range||-40 .. 75°C|
|Field of application||Indoor, Outdoor|