Reorganization of Nexans General Management team
Paris, March 25, 2008 – Nexans, the worldwide leader in the cable industry, announced the appointments of:
- Pascal Portevin and Yvon Raak are appointed Chief Corporate Officers, retaining their respective responsibilities for Strategic Operations, and the Europe Area. These appointments are effective immediately.
- Patrick Noonan is appointed, effective immediately, as Senior Corporate Vice President, General Counsel.
Following these changes, the composition of Nexans’ Executive Committee is the following at this date:
- Gérard Hauser, Chairman and CEO
- Frédéric Vincent, Chief Operating Officer
- Pascal Portevin, Chief Corporate Officer, in charge of Strategic Operations
- Yvon Raak, Chief Corporate Officer, in charge of Europe Area
- Wolfgang Bedorf, Executive Vice President, Rest of the World Area
- Véronique Guillot-Pelpel, Senior Corporate Vice President, Human Resources and Communications
- Michel Lemaire, Executive Vice President, Asia-Pacific Area
- Frédéric Michelland, Chief Financial Officer
- Patrick Noonan, Senior Corporate Vice President, General Counsel
- Gordon Thursfield, Executive Vice President, North America Area
Chief Corporate Officer
Executive Vice President Strategic Operations
Until 2003, Pascal Portevin was President of the Telecom Division at Nexans. In 1999, he was appointed Managing Director of the General Market product line with the cables and Components sector of Alcatel after having headed its Telecommunications Cable operations. From 1993 to 1996 he was Chief Executive Officer of Alcatel Fibres Optiques, then Director of Operations of the Optical Fibers product line. From 1990 to 1993 he was Technical Director of Alcatel North America when the Claremont (North Carolina) optical fibers factory was being built. He began his career with Câbles de Lyon in 1985.
Chief Corporate Officer
Executive Vice President Europe Area
Until 2003, Yvon Raak was President of the Energy Division within Nexans. He joined the Cables and Components sector of Alcatel in 1999 as President of the Telecom Products Division within the Executive Committee. From 1997 to 1999 he was Senior Vice President, Strategy & Management, of Alstom Énergie and Chairman and CEO of Alstom Énergie SA. He joined Alstom in 1992 as Director before being appointed Chairman and CEO of European Gas Turbine SA. He began his career with Alcatel as Plant Manager at the Jeumont plant of Câbleries de Lens.
Senior Corporate Vice President
Patrick Noonan is in charge of the headquarters legal, risk and insurance departments. He has been General Counsel of the Nexans Group and Assistant Secretary of the Board of Directors since 2001. He began his professional carrier in the United States at major law firms in Washington D.C. and Palo Alto before joining Texas Instruments in France in 1985 as European Counsel. In 1988, he joined Alcatel NV (Brussels and Paris) before going to Canada in 1992 to become General Counsel of the Americas Sector of Alcatel Cable. In 1996, he became General Counsel of the Cables & Components Sector of Alcatel and in 1998 was appointed Deputy General Counsel of Alcatel. Patrick Noonan is a graduate of Stanford University in the United States (B.S. Engineering, Juris Doctor).
With energy as the basis of its development, Nexans, the worldwide leader in the cable industry, offers an extensive range of cables and cabling systems. The Group is a global player in the infrastructure, industry, building and Local Area Network markets. Nexans addresses a series of market segments from energy, transport and telecom networks to shipbuilding, oil and gas, nuclear power, automotive, electronics, aeronautics, handling and automation. With an industrial presence in 39 countries and commercial activities worldwide, Nexans employs 22,800 people and had sales in 2007 of 7.4 billion euros. Nexans is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris, compartment A. More information on www.nexans.com