From maintenance to training
MAINTENANCE : increase your asset's lifetime
Nexans is an active manufacturer of traditional fluid-filled cables and accessories as well as latest-generation XLPE cables. As such, we can offer :
- predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance
- Through-Life Support
- emergency intervention
- temporary construction site cables, up to 220kV
- MV customized accessory kits, containing all equipment and pre-connectorized, pre-cut cables for splicing or making connections
Superconducting Fault Current Limiters (SFCL) provide short-circuit protection. Vattenfall (Germany) installed the world's first High Temperature SFCL in a coal power plant protecting the MV power supply for the coal mills and crushers.
Another 2 HTSFCL will be installed for Western Power Distribution in the UK.
This technology is fully mature, with further significant orders to be announced.
REDUCE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Nexans Life Cycle Assessment : to determine the best environmental solution for your network. Using this method, the full ecological footprint of a product can be measured.
- Dismantling in an eco-friendly way, and recycling as secondary raw materials (copper, aluminum and plastics)
- Reuse existing infrastructure
TRAINING : keep and extend the know how
- HV Training Center : aims at standardizing installation and methodology, and provides theoretical and basic training for jointers, engineers, maintenance personnel, network managers,...
- MV Training Center
- Power Accessories training